Thursday, March 13, 2014

IM Boise 70.3 - Week 7 Training Recap


Well, as you can tell from last week's post I really don't have much to report for week 7 training. Besides getting a 45min trainer ride in on Monday, the rest of my week was spent in bed with the flu.

But to keep things consistent, here is a recap:


Monday: 45 min bike (trainer)

Tuesday: Half day at work and the other half in bed

Wednesday: In bed

Thursday: Well enough to get in a 7 hour day at work but no workouts for me

Friday: Still no workouts - now just getting angry and frustrated with whoever gave me this crud!

Saturday: Feeling much better but am so stuffed up I can barely breathe - no way I was going to be able to get in a brick workout. *still kicking myself for not at least getting in a short run though.

Sunday: On the mend and almost back to 80%! Still junky and decided that spending time in the pool with a never ending snot string trailing behind me would be a crappy move for my fellow swimmers.


TOTALS: Bike - 45 min
                Run - 0
                Swim - 0
                144 hours sitting on my arse healing


I am happy to confirm that I am feeling so much better. Upset that I lost a whole week's worth of training but and thankful to have had the sense enough to listen to my body and rest.

That said I am back at it this week. Thankfully its a recovery week so distances/times are shortened quite a bit allowing me to slowly get back into the swing of things. Pretty good timing! A lot happening at home and work right now so I don't anticipate another post until after Sunday's race.




Portland Shamrock Run - 15k (9.3 miles) on the docket for Sunday. Just me and 40,000 of my closest friends! ;) It's kind of a tradition to race this event with a few of my fav co-workers and am excited to have upped the ante from 8k to the 15k. Though the course has a monster 3 mile hill that needs to be tackled, I am stoked to have made enough progress in my run this past year that a 15k is challenging but not scary. Wohoo!!

Always a fun time, we are looking to great costumes, peppy Irish music, delicious beer and a morning start near 50 degrees and NO RAIN!!!! See you at the finish line!




Anyone else doing a fun St Patty's Day themed race this weekend?




No comments: