Friday, September 19, 2014

New Link Up and Other Random Info



Happy Friday ya'll! It's been a crazy week for me but one that has ended on one of the highest of highs! I'll spill everything tomorrow when I can actually get my head wrapped out this amazing opportunity, but in the meantime just wanted to give you a quick update on what's been going on in my world.

I've decided to do away with my Mind Wandering Wednesday posts and instead will be trying out a new 'Coffee Date'  link up with some other health and fitness bloggers the first Sat of each month.  It's the perfect way to let you know what's going on in my both my triathlon and everyday world PLUS give you a chance to check out some other sites that might peak your interest! Below is a quick sample of what the format will look like.

Let's test things out.....


If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....that I was in So Cal last weekend visiting my sister and new baby niece! Eeek - she is ridiculously adorable and I was so excited to finally get my hands on her. Finnley Grace = sheer love.



If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you.....that I tried out my new Nathan hand held water bottle during last week's trail run.  No aid stations during this Sunday's relay so I needed to find a way of carrying my own hydration/nutrition and I HATE running with anything around my waist. This little 10oz guy proved to be the perfect option. Plus, the little zipper pouch up front allows for me to carry plenty of gels. The weather was stoopid hot (100+!!) on my run and even though I got out early in an effort to beat the heat, there was no way I could have survived if not for having some water with me.

Can someone say "Splash Park"!! No better way to cool off mid run than some sprinkler play time!


If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....that the Gorgeous Relay is this Sunday! Not nearly up to par with mileage though so I'm hoping that my general running capabilities will be enough to keep up a good pace. 60 miles - 6 team members and 1 van. It is sure to be a good time. Stay tuned next week for a full recap!



If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....that my son was recently put into some pretty difficult situations and I can't even begin to express how proud I am of his decisions and the young man he is turning into. With only having the one kiddo I don't know how I am going to survive once he is old enough to move out. *waaaah*


If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you....that one of the most exciting things happened to me yesterday!!! Deets on all the specifics will be posted tomorrow. In the meantime, if you follow me on Facebook you know exactly what I'm talking about! If not, click my link on the right and check.it.out!  #SBMAT2015


I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and is able to their buns out there to enjoy what is left of the decent weather, TGIF!


~Cheers, Bec


No comments: